Friday, February 9, 2018

Second page of Act One





Here's where the rest of Act One. I use three acts on my screenplays, thus this and the one before are my Act One. As you see, it has basic ideas and people not very full, actually very vague.  This is where I just throw stuff from my mind and bunches of potential ideas that may work or may not.

As you can see there's already red pen marks to use for ideas or questions. Like changing the character's name. Right now it's Jackson, Jenna and now Crys (for Crystal) as mom.

Below is a bunch of ideas I got at the last minute before I go to Act 2. I'll work on that over the week-end. What you find here is the basic ideas and thoughts that might work. 

And I use what's called the 3-Act structure as mentioned above. Every movie, TV show or short film has 3 acts and this one you're reading is the first. It's a basic rule passed down to us by the Greeks.

Yes. The Greeks. In a feature film, the 1st act would be around 20 to 30 pages. Second act is usually the longest and has about 30 or more pages. And finally the 3rd Act is the shortest, it's where everything rushes to get to the end.

It seeks like all acts are around 30 pages, but can change very often. Another point of these acts is that they all consist of subplots. More on that. 

This is an extra 1st act I tossed in at the last moment and didn't want to forget these notes. These notes took about two days but I could have done it longer or shorter.  It's always different. There will be lots more on Act 2 as that's where the story really begins fully.

You can see the title of the software I use, if you're interested.


The 2nd Act will be on Monday. Have a good week-end.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment