Monday, January 15, 2018

Can you reach the impossible?


Is the impossible possible?

Maybe.

Way back in this blog I had a few stories about how to get your screenplay to get read by someone rather than your mom or dad. Or maybe even a friend who knows a friend who knows a friend. And if you live around LA you will have lots of friends. You can hang out at Crave's on Ventura Blvd and Van Nuys Blvd where I hung around and talk with the pretty waitresses. They know a lot. Believe me. 

I'm not the "laptop" on the table or joined with your buddy who also is working on their screenplay"type. Rather I prefer to watch them. In fact good writers watch rather than play with their screenplay. 

But that's just how some of us do that. I'd rather watch everyone, there's a lot more than trying to write a screenplay just to show that you're in the game. And I watch a lot because I can get a lot of life-styles of the writers. Maybe I can learn too.

But here's where I move around a bit. After all, this is about how to get someone to read your screenplay. Those of you who have read material way back can probably see some of the work on screenplays I've done and will repeat a little here. 

This isn't a rehash of the "old days", although I begin with that. Most of you also probably know I have a screenplay book that I wrote a few years ago. Yes, I threw my "how I write my screenplay book" also. I won't bother trying to sell you on it. But don't bother one guy tramps my book terribly. But  here I just say one Trump says; sh--thole.

It's here I begin in terms of finding a home for your screenplay. I wish I could say for sure -- but it can help. 




Well, at least UCLA sells my book. I wonder if that guy has a book in UCLA as well of course on Amazon. Three books to be sure. Yeah, I know, let sleeping dogs lie.

And this is not only for the writers and wanna-be writers living in LA, it's for anyone who lives anywhere. As you regulars know, I get people here from America, Canada and a collection from Europe and Asia.

Wednesday


No comments:

Post a Comment