Monday, November 14, 2016

Trouble with Ghostkeeper


Well, just when I thought I could get a deal from an international distributor, things changed. Ghostkeeper had a U.S. distributor for 5 years and ended January of this year. Nothing happened until the international distrib emailed me to see if he could get rights for at least three countries, GB, USA and Canada.

I thought this was pretty good.

But then I find that my old distrib had already made an HD copy to use for Blu-ray. And it cost a fair amount of money. And he wants U.S. distribution.

So now I have to figure out what to do. The U.S. distrib really has no rights to Ghostkeeper now, as his rights expired last January.

And the GB distrib wants all rights.

So now what?

Two wolves after me. Like in the sketch above for Ghostkeeper 2.
 
The US distrib said I told him to make a Blu-ray, but I know I didn't, as I thought Blu-ray is mostly over. Maybe it isn't.

It seems easy to drop the US guy but he did discover two Ghostkeeper 35mm films and gave me one. The GB distrib only has an offer, but a good one, he'd incorporate GB, US and Canada.

I thought about it over the week-end and wondered how I could get both of them together somehow, US distrib has the HD master which costs a few thousand dollars but the GB distrib has more places to take Ghostkeeper to.

Well, this morning, I'm still trying to figure it out. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment