Monday, July 22, 2019

Waiting for the money




You've been watching how long it takes to get money. In this case, quite a long time. They have been putting all of the movie slowly and slowly. In fact, this movie might not get finished this year.

From what I know, the story as we know now has changed drastically from the open scene in Los Angleles when our hero begins to chase someone he's not sure of. Not the best way to start a movie?

So now, I wait for the money, actually a piece of the money, sort of an option. Usually it would be very quick but crossing the ocean means conflicts. 

For example French taxes are incredibly high. Way higher than my North America taxes. However I will take taxes from my own country and avoid France. This way I get a better amount of $$$. 

There's another issue, as in signing with the French version of WGA. And I will have to join it and then lose it again and all within me stepping into France and out to Canada. It's all good.

I've worked in Europe a long time, working in Luxembourg and had a great time. I was there to clean up three screenplays from other writers. I would get credit for my work. The other writers didn't know but I did add some more money on these bits.

But now, I had a time with a Canadian producer who actually didn't pay me. Even with WGC.
It's a longer story but I'll use it this week.

I received a big package of tax stuff of which I rarely know. It required things that make it known that I live in Canada.

I really don't know but it has to go through a lot of French and English writing.  I am supposed to be clear by tomorrow.

Supposed to...

And remember it's only for the basic move. The movie is still and things are happening, mostly financing. In fact it could go down too. Hopefully not.

So let's see what taxes and governments and all that other stuff that is needed to make a movie..

Fun, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment