Monday, July 8, 2013

Beginning the Ghostkeeper project.


It's almost 8 am and today is the beginning of attempting to fund Ghostkeeper 2 to the tune of $1.6 million dollars through the crowdfunding website called Kickstarter.com and I have no idea what I'm going to do.

One thing I know is that I will have a handful of excuses not to start today;

1. Gotta do my laundry.
2. Finish watching KTLA-TV morning news.
3. Check email.
4. Answer email.
5. Clean my laptop screen.
6. Plan where to go for lunch.
7. Check bills to pay.
8. Get my video camera ready to shoot my introduction.
9. Turn the tv off and stare at it for awhile.
10. Curse and start typing this blog.

People who have jobs have it easier, they have to show up somewhere and start work. I don't have to show up and I don't have a boss to tell me what to do. You'd think it sounds great but it isn't, because I can come up with even more excuses.

And finally I start with the blog which is kind of an excuse as it really isn't going to do anything for the project.

Here's what I have to accomplish in the next 2 weeks:

I have to make a list of all the things we have to do in order to startup our project. Here's what we need.

1. I have already posted the image from Ghostkeeper onto our page. It won't be accessible to donations until all the material is there. This is what it looks like...



2. Next is to write an introduction which I will do on-camera to tell anyone who enters our kickstarter page and this means I have to film myself, most likely at my desk, and speak to the camera, explaining to viewers exactly what we're going to do. I hope to do this in the next 2 days.

3. After that, I will edit video clips from the original Ghostkeeper, made in1980 to introduce the viewers to what we did. This video will be inserted once completed.

4. I want to use videos and photographs of the original cast who were 33 years younger. There are only 6 characters in the entire movie, one of them being the creature and we have three of them already. 

5. I will show photos from the 1980 movie in a montage, which I created below;


And so, these images and soon-to-be video clips will take at least 2-3 days of work and since the temperatures outside are climbing to 105F today, I am not stepping outside at all.

Next blog should be Wednesday where you will learn I am way behind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment