Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The long wait







Over the last three weeks I'm sitting on two projects, one is starting and one is going to either be bought or not. And now that I've said "not", it'll probably go away. But that's how it goes.

The first project is going to shoot in France with french actors and crew.  It's just beginning, I'm sending back my name, etc. and will go with the French version of WGA or WGC. The project is about a man in a city who sees a young man grab a young girl and throws her in the back of a van. It's called "The Chaser"

My guy let's it go, but then wants to know if the girl is in danger. So he decides to follow the van. And soon the van guy begins to realize someone is following him.

The film was to be shot outside of L.A. in the magnificent Mojave desert. But the French want to film it in France, somewhere similar to the Mojave. So that's what's gonna be.

The director had my script for around 6 years and it fell through. Then silence for a few years. And then about two months, he and someone else are ready to do Chaser. So here we go. I will get a reasonable fee as it's not being filmed in France, somewhere similar to the Mojave. I think. So it's not Paris. And I get to fly to wherever this area will be.



And now, the other screenplay is way different. It's about a woman who returns to her beginning and wants to confront her father but finds out he's very sick and can't do anything anymore. There's a secret in the family that she wants to end but it's almost impossible.

So there you go... this one is called "Secrets of the Salmon", a title I liked as I had the basic story of the woman returning home where she remembers her small fishing town where salmon run to the west coast and return. In their way, the woman is returning also. Very different than the Mojave.



And I'm opening to my newest screenplay very slowly, sent to four possibles to tell me what they think. It's called "My 45th"

Here's a little piece of it for you to read:

"It seems so strange to relive the free days of our life. I try to understand what it was like and the different life we lived -- WAS a wonderful time. We are fortunate to have lived the life we did in that era".

There are a lot of 60 - 65 yrs old boomers to find them. Hey, Michelle Pfeiffer is 60!"


And it's based on a true story.




No comments:

Post a Comment