Wednesday, November 15, 2017

How to create a Cult classic Movie in only thirty five years.






Okay, I get asked about my "cult classic" Ghostkeeper feature which was made in 1980 and released in 1981 by a cult classic distributor (as in those classic guys who take our money that they keep). Well, at least our first guy died.

I started thinking about this, not so much cult classic as how to make a film and keep it coming around from dozens of countries and in awful copies as in VHS (yes, they're still out there), and 16mm versions and DVD's and 35mm prints. And now Blu-ray.

I'm going back to 1980 at first, and how the world was when I decided to make a movie.

So I'm going to show you how I did it, well actually a lot of other people did it. I just watched.

That's our first "artwork." 

This might be fun. Maybe even inventive and a little lesson on low budget feature films.

Hang on.







No comments:

Post a Comment