Monday, December 17, 2012

Holidays


This week is rushed. I'm putting final touches on my screenwriting book which I want to publish in January. There's a few issues to deal with technically. 

Since the book is an instructional manual the format is set. But I am also including a complete screenplay as well, it offers some issues. The book is written on the computer but the screenplay is scanned. 

Trouble is the screenplay format has too reduce its size but also, because it's scanned from paper, it's a little grey. You would think this is an easy fix, but it's somewhat complicated. I have to figure this out.

I also have to get the cover done, with a photo my friends liked, rather than just titles. Since it's about a working writer (me) I thought this would be more interesting than titles which don't lend to getting attention. But that also has issues, but my friend Shirley, who was part of the blog at the very beginning, is going to help out greatly.

On top of all this, I'm preparing to go to Calgary, where my brother lives. He works in the newspaper business and we always get together at Christmas.

There might be a problem with the posts as I've been having trouble with Google, who seem to want me to change passwords every other day. So if I don't post over the next 2 weeks, it's due to internet problems.

Anyways, here's the first pass of the photo. I wanted it to look just a little surreal, rather than sharp and realistic. Let me know what you think. . Titles will go in bottom third, the dark area.

     
Will send photos of snow and cold.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment